Sounds of the Season
Digital Sounds of the Season 2021
Thank you so much for your submission and continued support of this beloved event!
The deadline for submission will be Monday, November 29th and we’d encourage submissions to come in earlier if possible. Videos should be no longer than 10 minutes in length. These videos will be displayed on the 2 TVs in the 1st Floor Rotunda of the State Capitol from Monday, December 6th-Friday, December 17th. The State Capitol is open to visitors and will be decorated for the Christmas season and this will help add to the holiday cheer.
Video Requirements and Recommendations:
- Please introduce your group at the beginning of the video
- Shoot your video horizontally
- Format: mp4, please label your video with your group name
- Videos must be 10 minutes or less, you are able to submit more than one video
- Consider using a tripod for clearer picture and sound
- Fill the frame with your group, this can help with sound and picture
- If possible, use microphones to make the audio louder
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org for Dropbox instructions
1. Does each school need to adhere to the current COVID guidelines that have been placed on choirs?
Yes, please follow the guidelines that have been set by your school and the recommendations of the Arkansas Department of Health. That being said some schools have mentioned doing a photo slide show with the music in the background, showing 1 kid singing at a time, some have asked about a Eric Whitacre type format or even a Zoom concert. You can be creative and do this in any way that you’d choose, we simply do not want anyone to get in trouble for not following guidelines.
2. What if choirs have different video and sound quality?
We have no preference on how you choose to film your video. Some may use school video equipment and some may use a smart phone, to us it really doesn’t matter. We do have videographers on staff who can touch up videos if need be. We realize that COVID has made this a different situation again this year and appreciate ALL videos that are sent.
3. Are there any instructions on how to shoot the video?
Please shoot your video horizontally, so that all videos are uniform. Please identify your choir prior to singing. And please keep the time limit to 10 minutes or less. Other than that, you are free to do whatever you want.
4. Can only choirs participate in the Digital Sounds of the Season event?
All are welcome! If you have a band, orchestra, show-choir, dance or even college level groups we would love you to participate! While the traditional Sounds of the Season event is limited to only vocal groups, the digital version allows us to open this event up to all forms of Christmas cheer. So show off your amazingly talented students by sending in a video!
5. Will there be a way to view all the submissions?
Yes! As the videos come in, we will post on our YouTube channel for all to see. Make sure and subscribe to see all the videos from the Secretary of State’s Office.
*Please note that the Capitol at this time will not be able to accommodate in person choirs or large groups of parents or students. This will strictly be a digital event.