RFP for Online Integrated and Searchable Campaign Finance Filing and Reporting System
Posted on: 02/04/2022 2:00 pm
Due to the unprecedented winter storm this week, the deadline for the Arkansas Secretary of State Request for Proposals for an updated Campaign Contribution Expenditure and Reporting System has been extended to Friday, February 11, 2022 at 4 pm CST. The date for response openings has subsequently been extended to Tuesday, February 15th at 9 am CST.
Request for Proposal For an Online Integrated and Searchable Campaign Finance Filing and Reporting System RFP # 2022-1
Questions and Answers Regarding RFP #2022-1
CCE REP Questions
Campaign Finance Filing and Reporting System RFP Respondents
The Arkansas Secretary of State (SOS) is soliciting Requests for Proposal (RFP) from qualified vendors to provide an updated online integrated and searchable Campaign Finance Filing and Reporting System (“System”). This updated System shall: (1) allow all required state and district candidates and officials (“filers”), to file campaign/committee contribution and expenditure reports, statements of financial interest, lobbyist reports, Political Action Committee (PAC) forms/reports, and other required forms and reports following the November 2022 election cycle; and (2) allow for the creation of new data fields, forms, etc. to accommodate necessary or desirable changes in reporting and disclosure requirements. The updated System shall also provide search and reporting capability for all currently existing data, including legacy data, previously filed within the existing System, and shall comply with Act 1029 of 2021.
The successful vendor shall provide to the SOS a single, browser-based, centralized, statewide integrated filing and reporting system as specified in this RFP. The vendor shall provide all requisite hardware; software; facilities (as required); application and system security; licensing; information technology project management services; data systems coordination; ongoing system operations, maintenance, and support services; training services (including individual SOS staff training and the production of manuals specific to SOS administrators and filers); and direct customer support services as delineated in the detailed specifications.
Vendors shall respond to the RFP with two (2) options for the SOS: (1) cloud-based hosted by the vendor and (2) a system based on housing the proposed solution on equipment provided by the SOS.
Proposals shall be evaluated based upon the following criteria:
- Vendor Information:
- Provide a Letter of Introduction, signed by an officer or principal of the vendor, which:
- Summarizes the history of the vendor, the number of years in business, business structure, locations, parent affiliations, foreign ownership (if any), names and titles of all directors and officers, and number of employees.
- Illustrates the vendor’s unique abilities to meet the specified requirements of this Request for Proposal. Examples may include specialized experience, skills, certifications, and awards attained.
- Includes the name of one designated contact person and his or her physical address, email address, and phone number to be used for communication related to interviews and vendor selection.
- Provide a detailed description of the vendor’s experience and qualifications (for at least five (5) years) as an informational technology provider of Campaign Finance Filing and Reporting Systems, or similar filing and reporting systems, consistent with the above scope of work.
Responses should indicate the vendor’s proficiency in creating websites and applications with a focus on site usability and user experience and demonstrate knowledge and proficiency with leading-edge Web and media solutions, architectures, technologies, nomenclature, development practices, and use of industry best practices. Include:
- The names of the clients;
- A description of the contracts.
- The length of the contracts and reasons for termination.
- List any contracts that have been cancelled for non-performance or default within the past five (5) years.
- List any litigation, arbitration, or mediation with prior or current clients.
- Provide a summary of current workload and ongoing contracts.
- Project Team (Key Staff):
- Provide names, titles, and resumes for all proposed project managers/supervisors who will be assigned to the contract to oversee all contractual obligations and responsibilities and serve as the primary contact(s) for the SOS. Highlight previous experience in this role.
- Provide a description of project team members to be assigned to this project, their experience, and areas of specialization specific to the proposed scope of work.
- Describe the process by which work will be assigned, implemented, and tested.
Provide the names and contact information for at least three (3) references familiar with the quality of your work of similar nature as that described in the above scope of work. Preference shall be given to references from states in which the vendor has successfully implemented a comprehensive campaign finance filing and reporting system.
- Proposed System:
Provide a formal, detailed description of the design, development, testing, implementation, and ongoing maintenance of the System proposed to achieve all of the criteria specified in the detailed specifications of the RFP.
- Cost Proposal:
Total cost proposal provided in accordance with the above scope of work, exclusive of all state and local sales taxes, to design, implement, install and deliver a fully-functional System in accordance with the scope of work delineated in this RFP. Please reference the RFP for detailed cost proposal requirements.
The SOS may require vendors to make on-site oral and visual presentations.
The official response packet shall contain all of the information delineated in the RFP and shall be modified only by addenda issued by the SOS. Vendors are advised to check the SOS website periodically for issued addenda.
All responses shall be submitted by 4:00 pm CST on February 8, 2022 to:
Arkansas Secretary of State
Attn: Business Office, Jody Parker
500 Woodlane Street, Suite 12
Little Rock, AR 72201
Individual responses received by mail shall be enclosed in an outer sealed envelope or container prominently marked with the RFP number (RFP # 2022-1), submission deadline February 8, 2022, responder’s name, and return address.
Individual responses received via email shall prominently state the RFP number (RFP # 2022-1) submission deadline February 8, 2022, responder’s name, and return address.
For any additional information or to request an RFP packet, please call 501-682-2008, or email firstname.lastname@example.org.