The Secretary of State does not discriminate because of race, color, national origin, sex, religion, age, or disability in employment, access, or in the provision of services. Qualified applicants with disabilities may request needed accommodations to participate in the application process by contacting Human Resources at State Capitol, Room 03, Little Rock, AR 72201 or by calling (501) 683-5487. No part of this announcement constitutes an employment contract.
Employment Application (PDF)
Election Services Representative
The successful candidate for Elections Services Representative will:
- Assist citizens, candidates, and elected officials with election-related questions and research.
- Will also assist candidates for public office with filing procedures and campaign finance laws.
- Ensure that petition signatures are verified, elections results are certified, and related reports completed.
- Assist in ensuring public information held by the office is accessible and accurate on the website.
- Maintain and update numerous governmental and regulatory files and computer records.
- Assist counties with the production and creation of county districting maps.
- Bachelor’s degree is preferred in English, communications, journalism, history business, science or related field from a four-year college or university (a combination of education and experience may be considered.).
- Ability to read and interpret documents and instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram or schedule form.
- Competency in use of computer programs such as MS Word, MS Access, and other database management programs.
- GIS Mapping experience is preferred.
- Ability to describe maps, boundary lines, population densities; draw and revise maps in GIS format.
- Ability to interact and discuss with the State Geographical Information Systems (GIS) Department.
- Valid drivers’ license preferred.
- Must be qualified elector of the State of Arkansas.
- May occasionally need to lift and/or move 25-50 pounds.
- Occasional travel may be required to conduct training.
***All applicants must complete a Secretary of State Application form. The form may be mailed to: Secretary of State Human Resources, State Capitol, Room 3, Little Rock, AR 72201. Applications may also be emailed to email@example.com.
**Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Arkansas Secretary of State
500 Woodlane St., Room 03
Little Rock, AR 72201
Other State Job Opportunities