The Secretary of State does not discriminate because of race, color, national origin, sex, religion, age, or disability in employment, access, or in the provision of services. Qualified applicants with disabilities may request needed accommodations to participate in the application process by contacting Human Resources at State Capitol, Room 03, Little Rock, AR 72201 or by calling (501) 683-5487. No part of this announcement constitutes an employment contract.
Employment Application (PDF)
The Office of the Secretary of State is seeking candidates for the position of Mail Clerk.
- The Mail Clerk coordinates incoming/outgoing mail services for the Secretary of State.
- Will travel to US Post Office daily for incoming mail.
- Receives and distributes mail for all departments from all sources including messenger mail.
- Prepares outgoing mail.
- Acts as liaison for the agency with US Postal Service.
- Purchases supplies and other office items.
- Maintains stockroom by monitoring stock levels and reporting need for replenishment.
- High school diploma or GED with experience dealing with the public or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Must have communication skills to interact in small group situations with legislators and other employees of the agency.
- Valid driver’s license required.
***All applicants must complete a Secretary of State Application form. The form may be mailed to: Secretary of State Human Resources, State Capitol, Room 3, Little Rock, AR 72201. Applications may also be emailed to email@example.com.
**Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Arkansas Secretary of State
500 Woodlane St., Room 03
Little Rock, AR 72201
Other State Job Opportunities