The Secretary of State does not discriminate because of race, color, national origin, sex, religion, age, or disability in employment, access, or in the provision of services. Qualified applicants with disabilities may request needed accommodations to participate in the application process by contacting Human Resources at State Capitol, Room 03, Little Rock, AR 72201 or by calling (501) 683-5487. No part of this announcement constitutes an employment contract.
Employment Application (PDF)
Shipping and Receiving
Responsible for: distribution of mail and packages; postal/shipping rate notifications; maintaining inventory in stockroom and the replenishment. This position is governed by State and Federal Laws and Agency/Institution Policy.
• Serves as liaison for SOS for: USPS and air & ground carriers, main postal facility and various inter-agency departments.
• Responsible for preparing outgoing deliverables with accuracy.
• Follows opening/closing procedures for the mail/stockroom.
• Transport materials to and from the Secretary of State’s office.
• Performs tasks, using standard operating equipment and computer programs, to prepare forms, correspondence, reports and other documents.
• Responsible for maintaining accurate inventory and inventory records of supplies used and distributed between departments.
• Responsible for the acquiring and delivery of stockroom inventory.
• Performs other duties as assigned.
Special Job Dimensions
• Use of postage meter and other mail equipment
• Reaching and moving boxes to high shelves, kneeling;
• Lifting/moving up to 70 pounds on a consistent basis.
• Will be exposed to outside elements.
Knowledge, Abilities, and Skills
• Basic knowledge of Microsoft Office products required. Must be knowledgeable in Excel, Word and Outlook.
• Ability to prepare reports utilizing these forms of software.
• Attention to detail.
• Ability to move heavy materials using hand trucks; requires walking between department and buildings
• Knowledge of postal service and rules and regulations and keeping current with these.
• Must have clean driving record.
Minimum Education and/or Experience
• High School diploma
• Experience in dealing with the public.
• Prefer someone with prior experience in same industry.
Certificates, licenses, Registrations
• Valid Driver’s License is Required
• Must have a clean driving record.
• Requires Background Check.
All applicants must complete a Secretary of State Application form. The form may be mailed to: Secretary of State Human Resources, State Capitol, Room 3, Little Rock, AR 72201. Applications may also be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org.
**Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Arkansas Secretary of State
500 Woodlane St., Room 03
Little Rock, AR 72201
Other State Job Opportunities