The Secretary of State does not discriminate because of race, color, national origin, sex, religion, age, or disability in employment, access, or in the provision of services. Qualified applicants with disabilities may request needed accommodations to participate in the application process by contacting Human Resources at State Capitol, Room 012, Little Rock, AR 72201 or by calling (501) 682-8032. No part of this announcement constitutes an employment contract.
Employment Application - PDF
Other State Job Opportunities
Candidate will work with the Business & Commercial Services (BCS) and Elections Project Manager to maintain the Election data systems, election equipment, and the Business and Commercial Services Management Systems.
- Assist in implementing projects that will improve delivery of services
- Instruct county personnel for the ES&S Systems
- Identify needs for training and training updates
- Take part in the evaluation of systems in relation to application improvements
- Write customer-friendly user instructions and testing for new releases
- Manipulate, compile, download data as needed
- Coordinate technical support questions with ES&S Help Desk
- Prepare communication and correspondence for county users as requested
- Provide reports as directed by Program Manager, Elections Director, or BCS Director.
- Four year degree in computer science, mathematics, engineering or a related field with two or more years or experience or the equivalent desired. Extensive experience in the area may be substituted.
- Must be familiar with MS Access, Crystal Reports, SQL, and Oracle. Valid driver’s license required. (Some travel may be required.)
- Ability to read and comprehend technical language and reduce to user friendly text.
- Ability to clearly communicate information in both group settings and one-on-one situations.
- Ability to analyze information and draw conclusions from which a solution may be drawn.
- Ability to read and interpret instructions presented in schematics or mathematical form.
Generally there will be no supervisory responsibilities except occasional supervision of support or temporary personnel.
NOTE — Candidates must secure an Arkansas Secretary of State application form to complete and send along with resume to:
Arkansas Secretary of State
Little Rock, AR 72201
**Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.