The Secretary of State does not discriminate because of race, color, national origin, sex, religion, age, or disability in employment, access, or in the provision of services. Qualified applicants with disabilities may request needed accommodations to participate in the application process by contacting Human Resources at State Capitol, Room 03, Little Rock, AR 72201 or by calling (501) 683-5487. No part of this announcement constitutes an employment contract.
Employment Application (PDF)
Job PostingsBusiness Assistant I
- Provides administrative support to management, accounting and purchasing personnel employed within the Business Office.
- This position is the first person visitors and customers encounter in the Business Office. The candidate must represent the office in a professional manner and have excellent customer service skills both in person and on phone.
- The candidate must possess the verbal and written communication skills necessary to share information clearly with co-workers, citizens, and legislators individually or in small group situations. The candidate will also be required to write simple correspondence, comprehend instructions in various forms (verbal, written, diagrams, etc.). Ability to learn new software, good organizational skills and detail orientation are also necessary skills.
- The candidate may be assigned specific tasks by the accounting staff, be asked to gather information and present as a report to management. Included is the ability to solve practical problems and cope with a variety of variables in exceptional situations.
- Reliability and consistent attendance is required to maintain the schedule and work load within the Business Office. The candidate will daily perform the close-out of the Capitol Gift Shop.
- The candidate should have an Associate Degree in Accounting or Business; and 1-2 years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- The job will be performed in an office environment. The candidate will occasionally be required to lift and/or move up to 10 pounds. Specific vision abilities required are close vision, color vision and peripheral vision.
All applicants must complete a Secretary of State Application form. The form may be mailed to: Secretary of State Human Resources, State Capitol, Room 3, Little Rock, AR 72201. Applications may also be emailed to email@example.com.
**Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Arkansas Secretary of State
500 Woodlane St., Room 03
Little Rock, AR 72201
Other State Job Opportunities