The Secretary of State does not discriminate because of race, color, national origin, sex, religion, age, or disability in employment, access, or in the provision of services. Qualified applicants with disabilities may request needed accommodations to participate in the application process by contacting Human Resources at State Capitol, Room 03, Little Rock, AR 72201 or by calling (501) 683-5487. No part of this announcement constitutes an employment contract.
Employment Application (PDF)
Job PostingsBusiness Accountant II
Summary: Applies principles of accounting to analyze financial information, complete financial transactions, and prepare financial reports.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities** include the following:
• Prepares, processes:
• Daily receipt of invoices, cash, etc. for voucher processing or deposit; assigns appropriate coding; obtains and distributes warrants; expense error corrections, financial reports, revenue receipt corrections, and other financial transactions.
• Prepares and delivers weekly deposits to the State Treasury.
• Reconciles various general ledger accounts, according to duties performed and as assigned.
• Maintains various ledgers and automated systems, according to duties performed.
• Trains new employees or cross-trains with other employees on accounting functions.
• May perform receptionist duties as needed.
• Assists legislative auditors in obtaining information for annual audits.
Education/Experience: Bachelor’s degree in business administration, accounting or related field from a 4-year college or university; and 1-2 years related experience and/or training; or the equivalent combination of education and experience. State accounting experience helpful.
Skills: Ability to read, analyze, and interpret technical journals, financial reports, and some legal documents. Ability to respond to common inquiries or complaints from customers, regulatory agencies or members of the business community. Ability to produce reports that conform to prescribed style and format. Ability to effectively present information to the administration, vendors, and/or directors.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations: Valid driver’s license required.
Physical Demands: The employee may be required to sit, stand, kneel, and walk. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move 10 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and ability to adjust focus.
All applicants must complete a Secretary of State Application form. The form may be mailed to: Secretary of State Human Resources, State Capitol, Room 3, Little Rock, AR 72201. Applications may also be emailed to email@example.com.
**Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Arkansas Secretary of State
500 Woodlane St., Room 03
Little Rock, AR 72201
Other State Job Opportunities